Our vision is to provide customer-focused advice and support for Polk County School Board Information Technology related services and be recognized as an excellent service provider while continuing to improve our internal and external processes.
- Provide support for district applications
- Communicate and collaborate with other Information Systems & Technology Departments
- Offer training for district applications
- Explore future enhancements to our processes, procedures, and documentation
- Ensure high availability and immediate support through our phone lines and ticketing system
The TSC Help Desk has created a list of helpful links and reminders to assist you at the start of the 2021-2022 school year.
Contact the TSC Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 863-519-8040 if you have any questions or concerns.
New teacher accounts will be created the day after Human Resources enters them into SAP and an SAP# is assigned. An email will be sent to the Network manager from Email Updates once the account has been created.
Submit all Focus tickets to Focus@polk-fl.net
Permissions request forms for both schools and district office staff are located on the focus portal under the Resources tab. The form needs to be submitted by the Principal or Director for your school or location.
- Teachers, Administrators, Secretaries and Counselors are automatically added to Focus and a permissions request form is not required to be submitted for standard permissions.
In your ticket email please include your full name, SAP#, school and specific issue that you’re having
Help Desk staff can,
- Unlock Windows Accounts (AD)
- Unlock SAP accounts
- Reset your security questions
- Change your existing email in ARS – Applicant Recruiting System to your current email or your Polk email
When resetting passwords Laptops need to be connected to the network with an Ethernet cable
Windows 7 is not supported
Block/Unblock Request (for access to restricted sites, approval needed)
- Access the form on the HUB> Webforms> Information System & Technology> Block/Unblock Request
In the staff portal you can do the following:
- Change/ Reset your Password
- Access your job application by Clicking “Links”> Job Application> Open Online Application> Yes>
- View, print, save paystubs
- Update your personal email address on the Contact Info option (for Polk County Staff who use Parent Portal).
- Fill out your Travel Voucher. Note: on the form your start and end destination must be your work or your home address.
The TSC provides support for the following applications:
- Desktop Support
- (ARS) Applicant Registration System
- Microsoft Office Products
- Internet Explorer
This contains a contact list for most District applications. Click on Learn more to continue.
The TSC provides support and documentation for district email accounts. Click on Learn more to continue.
- Email Address: FirstName.LastName@polk-fl.net
- Password: your email/network password
- Domain: Leave Blank
- User Name: FirstName.LastName@polk-fl.net
- Server: Outlook.Office365.com
- Check the “Remember Password” box
- Check the SSL Box
- Accept all SSL certificates
Visit the following page for tips on setting up your email with iOS or Android: Miscellaneous Documents
This area contains Miscellaneous TSC documentation. Click on Learn more to continue.
- Active Directory Account Lockout Troubleshooting Steps
- How to Change\Reset Employee Network Password
PCSB has an account lockout policy in place for all user accounts. User accounts will automatically be locked after 3 failed login attempts. This policy is a security measure to prevent unauthorized users from trying to guess passwords. Users often run into lockout issues when they change their password but don’t update it on every device they use. This will cause the account to be locked out intermittently until the password on the device(s) is updated. It is the user’s responsibility to remain vigilant when resetting their password and making sure each device they use is updated as we have no way of determining which device is causing the lockout issues.
Criteria for Creating a Password:
- Minimum of eight (8) characters
- Must contain (3 of the 4 selections) numbers, upper case letters, lower case letters, and/or a special symbol.
- Cannot use one of your last 5 passwords.
- Cannot contain 3 or more consecutive letters from your username.
- Password must be kept for at least 2 days before you can change it again.
Your password will need to be updated on all devices you use to access District Applications and resources (Phones, Laptops, PCs at home, etc.). If the password(s) aren’t updated you may face account lockout issues.
Note: For the initial setup of an iPad, setup the Wi-Fi first, then setup the PCSB Email
The TSC provides support to Network Manager for certain issues and tasks. Click on Learn more to continue.
Click below to visit PCPS’ Network Manager Information SharePoint site. On that webpage Network Managers can find more useful information and training opportunities provided by the district. If you are a Network Manager and are unable to access this site contact Email Updates and they will update your access.
The TSC provides a variety of support and documentation for SAP including Setup, SAP Finance, SAP Payroll and more. Click on Learn more to continue.
- Availability Control Report
- Budget Transfer FMBB Merged Grid
- Budget Transfer FMBB Split Grids
- Cost Center Report Administrator
- Creating an Outstanding Encumbrance Report
- Creating a Funds Reservation FMX1
- Display a Budget Transfer
- Display a Funds Reservation
- Earmarked Funds Journal Funds Reservation Report
- Funds Management Report Line Items
- Funds Management Report Using Detail Layout
- Generate Funds Management Report
- Internal Accounts Report
- Requisition Purchase Order Summary
- Change Employee Address or Telephone Number
- Display an Organizational Plan
- Display Employee Information
- Display Employee InService Record
- Flexible Employee Data Report
- How to Use the SAP Workplace
- Parent Notification for Staff Roster Report
- Parent Notification for Out-of-Field Teachers Report
- Run an Employee List Report
- School Improvement Plan
- Teacher Absence/Attendance Report
- Teacher Experience Contract Type Report
- TDA Temporary Duty Assignment
- Approving Positive Working Time
- Approving Negative Working Time
- Display Leave Quotas for an Employee
- Display Working Time for Substitutes
- Display Working Time for Regular Employees
- Enter Negative Time for Regular Employees
- Enter Positive Time for Substitute Employees
- Gross to Net for Departments
- Gross to Net for Schools
- Create Advanced Purchase Requisition
- Create Outside Vendor Purchase Requisition A – Asset
- Create Outside Vendor Purchase Requisition G – Grant
- Create Outside Vendor Purchase Requisition K – Cost Center
- Create Purchase Requisition for Stock Materials
- Create Purchase Requisition with Contract – A
- Create Purchase Requisition with Contract – G
- Create Purchase Requisition with Contract – K
- Default Options
- Default Values Initial
- Display Vendors
- New Rules for Asset
- Quick Reference – Create Advance Purchase Requisition
- Quick Reference – Create Outside Vendor Requisition A – Asset
- Quick Reference – Create Outside Vendor Requisition G – Grant
- Quick Reference – Create Outside Vendor Requisition K – Cost Center
- Quick Reference – Combining Account Assignment
- Quick Reference – Supplement to Purchase Order
- Quick Reference – Create Purchase Requisition Stock Materials
Display or Change Requisition
- Change Purchase Requisition
- Display a Purchase Order
- Display a Purchase Requisition
- Find Requisition Number from Purchase Order
- Grand Total List Display of Purchase Order (Outside Vendor)
- Purchase Requisition List Display
- Requisition Purchase Order Summary
- Goods Receipt Reversal
- Goods Receipt to Zero Out a Purchase Order
- Goods Receipt with Reference to Purchase Order
- Reverse Goods Receipt for Advanced Purchase Requisition
Release or Unrelease Requisition
- Release or Unrelease Requisition (ME54N)
- Release Purchase Requisitions (ZE57)
- Workflow Release Purchase Requisition
- Display Back-orders from the Florida School Book Depository
- Report for County State Adopted Textbooks
- Report for Free Textbooks
- Food Service Warehouse Orders
TSC Training Info
The TSC provides training for certain district applications. Click on Learn more to continue.
Our current open courses and available dates are listed below. Once you submit the form, you will be notified that we received the request and added to the course if there are seats available.
For all other training requests use the following form: Training Request Form.xsn