The Level I/Aspiring Leaders Program (ALP) is district professional learning that is designed to prepare participants for the potential role in the position of assistant principal and to assist them with application procedures related to pool placement.
- Gain a clear understanding of the job expectations for the role of an assistant principal in the district.
- Gain a clear understanding of the screening and selection processes for assistant principals in the district.
- Identify experiences in leadership to become an effective assistant principal.
- Assess themselves in the job expectations, screenings and selection process and leadership experiences for the role of assistant principal.
- Make a career decision appropriate for their goal(s) related to school-based
- Experience specific job functions and tasks related to the role of assistant principal.
- Document behaviors consistent with the Florida Leadership Standards
- Experience the support of a mentor relationship with an experienced assistant principal.