Find all the information you need concerning your teaching certification. If you have any questions about this information, please contact one of our staff below.
Professional Certificate Renewal Information
How to Renew Your Professional Certificate
Adding to a Teaching Certificate
Add a Subject Area or Endorsement
Eligibility, Courses, Testing & Upgrading
Hot off the Press!! - Master’s Degree can waive GK Test!!!
Per House Bill 1159: Effective July 1, 2021, completion of a master’s degree or higher from an accredited postsecondary institution recognized by the Department of Education will satisfy the General Knowledge Test requirement.
- Official master transcript must be on file with the FLDOE prior to the initial application or the application to upgrade to the professional certificate is evaluated by the FLDOE
- Request to have your college/university submit an official master transcript to the FLDOE
Upgrade to the Professional Certificate
Please follow the 3 Steps listed below to upgrade to the professional certificate when one of the following occurs:
- During the last year of your temporary certificate (Expires in June of the current SY), or
- All requirements listed on your SOE have been met.
Step 2: Log into your VERSA account.
Step 3: Choose the “Upgrade to Professional Certificate” application.
- Complete the application
Include all coverages that are currently on your temporary certificate.
Document at least one year of teaching experience.
- Submit the application fee of $75.00 directly to the FLDOE.
FTCE Study Resources: 240 Tutoring
240 Tutoring partners with the PCPS Recruitment and Teacher Engagement Office to offer all PCPS teachers and teacher candidates a 50% discount for access to all study guides. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
240 Tutoring study guides are comprehensive reviews of the ideas and concepts of each exam. 240 Tutoring also provides full-length practice exams. As a user, you will have access to instructional content, flashcards, quizzes, diagnostic tests, and practice tests.